Spring Scala is the brand new project from the Spring portfolio. Its goal is to provide the first-class bridge between the Spring wiring and the Scala code.
New release includes some nice features making Scala people the happy people including:
- New JdbcTemplate wrapper. We've dropped the SimpleJdbcTemplate as it has been deprecated in Java.
- Introduced new "rich" wrappers for the BeanFactory, ListableBeanFactory and ApplicationContext. Also added implicit conversions to these wrappers (following the "Pimp my library" pattern).
- Introduced new AOP Advice wrappers, with implicit conversions (AdviceConversions)
- Upgraded to Scala 2.10.2 and Spring 3.2.2. Note that Spring 3.2.2 is required when using the FunctionalConfiguration trait.
- Added Scala-friendly TransactionSynchronizationManager wrapper supporting pattern-matching style of registering synchronization callbacks.
- Changed inner workings of FunctionConfiguration so that it now eagerly initializes beans that require this (BeanFactoryPostProcessors etc).
- And many more bug fixes and other changes.
Stay tuned for the next Spring Scala milestone!