Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I passed Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE 5 exam

Today I successfully passed Sun Certified Enterprise Architect exam with the result 82%. Actually now this certificate is called Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect. The exam is the first step in achieving Oracle Certified Ninja title. Now I need to create the project (step 2) and write an essay about it (step 3).

I've been learning for the exam for 3 weeks (excluding the weekends which are supposed to relax with family and friends, get drunk and enjoy downhill riding). Average 2 hours of study per working day.

I used Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide and WhizLabs SCEA simulator. Some people reports that WhizLabs is easier than real exam. However I disagree since questions presented in both SCEA book and WhizLabs are pretty similar to these I encountered during the exam.

    Differences between WhizLabs and real SCEA exam?
  • no CORBA-related questions on real exam
  • easier security questions on real exam
  • less general Object Oriented design questions (these easy ones)

As I expected I'm the best (100%) at "Messaging and Integration" and "Design Patterns" and worst (50%) at "Business Tier Technologies" (since I'm the Spring hacker and don't work with EJBs on regular basis).

5 comments: